WRITING SAMPLE INFORMATION
Writing Sample Window: November 29th through December 16th
The online writing sample is required for current 8th grade students, who are applying for admission to Central High School, George Washington Carver High School of Engineering and Science, Julia R. Masterman High School, The Academy of Palumbo High and Parkway Center City Middle College. Students applying to one or all five of the schools listed above, will only need to provide one writing sample.
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA STUDENTS
Once the Selection Application window has closed, any student who has chosen one of the 5 schools listed above will be asked to write and submit a proctored writing sample to be considered as a candidate for those schools.
- Between November 29th through December 16th, School District of Philadelphia students will participate in a proctored, online writing sample during the school day at their current school.
- Your school will be responsible for ensuring all interested 8th grade students complete the online writing sample. Contact your school counselor with any questions.
NON SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA STUDENTS
(INCLUDING CHARTER, PRIVATE, PAROCHIAL)
- Registration will begin on Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021
- Registration for each session will close 48 hours prior to the start time OR when the session is full.
- The registration link will be sent to the guardians’ email addresses associated with the School Selection process.
- The proctored writing sample sessions will be offered at one of 6 locations: one of the schools mentioned above OR at 440 N. Broad Street. Families are encouraged to register at the site that is closest to their homes or works best with the time slots offered.
- A student ID or other form of photo identification will be required at the time of the writing sample.
- Families are encouraged to register early so we can ensure we have enough spots for all applicants.
- Providing the writing sample DOES NOT guarantee admittance into that school. For detailed locations, dates, and times CLICK HERE.