As a college preparatory public school, Central High challenges students with rigorous academic programs to prepare them for the demands of higher education. Building upon the diversity in our school, we aim to prepare students to contribute and thrive in a heterogeneous world. We will enable students to develop problem solving skills, a life-long passion for learning, and aspirations to be thoughtful leaders of their generation.
The Central community (including students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and community partners) believes the following:
- The diversity of our student body is a precious asset; the inclusion and engagement of all community members is essential to our collective success.
- Our essential purpose is to foster the highest level of academic achievement for each student.
- Students thrive when provided with the necessary intellectual and emotional supports to meet the challenges of a total learning community.
- Students learn best when their curiosity is stimulated, and they are encouraged to take intellectual risks.
- The availability of robust and inclusive extra-curricular programs are essential to the positive overall experience of the school.
- Service is critical to the development of students' character and sense of civic responsibility.
- Central, as an institution, is committed to the same process of self-exploration that it cultivates in its students.
- Central strives to build a cohesive, mutually supportive, academic community to serve as a model for the community at large.