Community Service and Mentorship Opportunities
Community Service Opportunities for Central High School Students
For CHS Community Service Guidleines, click here
- Social Studies Tutors: Any students interested in being Social Studies tutors during advisory, please come and see Mr. Bezanis in Room 224. We are looking for students to help in each of the 4 main core Social Studies courses.
- The Rescue Run 5K needs student volunteers! The Rescue Run 5K, will be held on Saturday November 2, 2019 at FDR Park. It is Philly’s first race to benefit and promote rescue and adoption. On race day, runners and spectators are able to meet dogs for adoption from partner shelters and get more information about volunteering locally. Proceeds go to continuing the mission of The Monster Milers, Philly’s shelter dog running and rescue, 501c3 non-profit volunteer group. If you are interested, you can find out more information on the race’s website, https://www. rescuerun5k.com and they can contact our race director, Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blind Sports Organization of Philadelphia.
- Our organization has done a great job of providing people with visual impairment the opportunity to participate in athletic settings.
- As a non-profit organization, we are constantly looking for volunteers to assist in our various events held around the Philadelphia area. Being familiar towards Central’s mission to have students engage in community service, I think this would be a great opportunity to have students assist in events while being able to enjoy the pleasures of sports and social interaction.
- We have a volunteer sign-up page which is copied below.
- https://www.blindsports.org/ volunteer
- Managers needed:Girls Varsity Basketball is looking for four managers interested in service-learning hours. The season runs from Novemebr 18- to mid-March, potentially. Hours are from 3:15- 5:30 on practice days, and possibly until 6 pm on game days. Responsibilities include keeping scorebooks, entering data to the Maxprep platform, taking attendance, maintaining equipment. Must be punctual, organized, have good attendance, good attitude, and positive behavior. Must know or be willing to learn the rules of the game of basketball.We also need a videographer for recording basketball games. Same hours, same requirements.
- See Mrs. Wesley in 204 during open advisory
Internship and Mentorship opportunities for Central High School Students:
- Villanova Engineering, Science, Technology, Enrichment, and Development (VESTED) Program