DAILY BULLETIN Tuesday, January 11, 2022
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
REGULAR BELL SCHEDULE
Advisory 8:00 – 8:53
- 1st 8:56 – 9:46
- 2nd 9:49 – 10:39
- 3rd 10:42 – 11:32
- 4th 11:35 – 12:25
- 5th 12:28 – 1:18
- 6th 1:21 – 2:11
- 7th 2:14 – 3:04
Information for Students/Parents:
- Students please bring your early dismissal requests to the office before Advisory ends. Your parent/guardian can send a note with the requested time and a contact number so that the early dismissal can be verified and processed by Mrs. Brown in the main office.
- SCHOOL STORE HOURS IN ROOM 28 Monday – Advisory, 2nd, and 6th periods Wednesday – 8:30am – 8:56am, 2nd, 6th periods Friday – 2nd period
- There will be a meeting after school on Wednesday, January 12th in room 205 for anyone interested in joining the girls tennis team in the fall.
- CHS A CAPPELLA GROUP AUDITIONS! Audition to be a part of the Knights of Harmony! Auditions will be held Tuesday, January 11, 2022 after school in Room 323. Students who have conflicts can audition by appointment between January 10 – January 14. Email email@example.com or find Ms. G in the music hallway 3rd floor. To audition please prepare a part of a song or beat box. Rehearsals will be once a week, schedule TBD.
- If you are interested in learning how to organize and improve your writing skills in a creative space, join the calligraphy club this Thursday for our interest meeting in room 311 at 3:10pm.
- You want to build autonomy as a student at Central? Join the Asian Pacific Islander Union on Tuesdays. Please come to learn more!
- Do you need a little fun in your life? Would you like to relieve stress? Would you like to meet some new friends and maintain the friendships you have? If so, come to T.E.E.N. Time ( Teens Exploring and Establishing New Relationships through game play) with the school counselors. On Wednesday, December 8th the CHS school counseling team invites YOU to come to the lunchroom during your lunch or study skills period to fellowship and play awesome games like connect four, checkers/chess, Taboo, Culture Tags, What Do You Meme? And much more! Hope to see you there!!!!
- “The Artist Club” is a club for any and all artists at Central who wish to come together as a community and express their art to other artists. They are inclusive to any art form, such as Music, Visual Arts, Sculpting, Film, Photography, and any other art form that students have a passion for There will be a club interest meeting held in the Spain Conference at 3:15pm today. If you are interested in having a space to express your art and grow with a community of artists, then “The Artist Club” is the club for you.
- Calling All Piano Players. Please join the Piano Collective at CHS google classroom page using code 6wdw2p4. The piano collective seeks to bring together pianists from our school to perform one recital per semester. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UPEnn Financial Literacy course for this semester has ended. The course will begin again in late January and the first meeting date will be posted ASAP. This is a no-credit course that is designed to provide general knowledge on economic issues that interest high school students. All Central students are welcome. See Ms. Sheldon-Matje in rm 211 after school for more information.
- Are you interested in establishing a connection with a college and participating in a mentorship program with students who will be able to guide you through the college process? Join the Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) on Thursday’s in room 311 after school. There will be college workshops , cultural events, and more throughout the year and we welcome everyone.
- Continuing on Monday students are able to drop in to participate in circle time. It is a time for students to be heard and know that we are here to support them. The Circle will be facilitated by Mrs. Wesley and supported by Joshua Smith, Mr. Johnson, Counselors, and Administration. Attached is the schedule for days and drop in times. Teachers, please share the information with your classes. Starting on Monday students are able to drop in to participate in circle time. It is a time for the students to be heard and know that we are here to support them. The Circle will be facilitated by Mrs. Wesley and supported by Joshua Smith, Mr. Johnson, Counselors and Administration. Attached is the schedule for days and drop in times. Please share the information with your classes. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1szsC-amA08wNHkKF6BfyBa8KHTDtCGGdScfisuqKLDs/edit?usp=sharing
- Are you interested in making art and creating crafts? Art with Heart is a club where we come together to create arts and crafts to give back to our community! On Monday at 3:10pm, please come to room 323 for Art with Heart’s interest meeting where we will also be making friendship bracelets!
- If you are interested in helping us create spaces to talk about Asian American Pacific Islander gender equity and the formation of our cultural and racial identities, then Feminists of Asian Minorities is the club for you! Join us as we discuss and share our experiences with intersectionality and being what it means to be an Asian American in Today’s climate. Everyone is welcome. Please come to our interest meeting on Monday, October 25th in room 211.
- Students looking for a sponsor for a new club called “Letters for Rose,” an organization that writes letters to people in nursing homes. https://www.lettersforrose.org/please email Marcela Siahaan email@example.com
- AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE CLUB Are you interested in learning another language that isn’t taught at Central? Come join and be a part of our ASL Club this upcoming year. The cabinet and sponsors are very excited to have you be a part of this club and to meet you all to tell you what we have planned for this following year. Our first meeting was held on Wednesday, October 20th from 3:10 pm – 3:30 pm. The meeting took place in room 201/203. If interested check join the google classroom: y6tytyg. Please spread the news to all your friends. Also, please follow us on Instragram@signwithcentral for regular updates!
- An after school interest meeting for the new Weight Lifting Club was held on Thursday in Room 50. The club will be called Fundamentals of Weight Training and will meet on Monday and Wednesday mornings at 7:00am in the GX room.
- All freshmen interested in baseball please contact Jeff Bracciale who is a proud member of Class 247 and the junior varsity baseball coach at Central at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all students seeking NHS Tutoring, please feel free to come after school any day this week. Please find the link to sign up: https://forms.gle/dAiVC1htbqFQb9fB8 or see Mr. Hover in Rm. 107
- Please join the CIA ( Caribbeans In Action). We meet on Tuesdays in room 309 for returning and interested members.
- Are you interested in graphic novels? Do you like to draw or write and hope to bring these arts together? The newly formed GRAPHIC NOVEL CLUB meets in Room 8 after school on Thursdays.
- Boys interested in the Boy’s Volleyball team should see Mr. Leong in room 125 to get important information.
- CHS Film Club meets on Fridays after school in rm. 307. Interested students should join us there.
- Any student interested in joining the wrestling team please email Mr. Julien(email@example.com)
- The Science Olympiad Club meets on Tuesdays if you have any other questions they can be directed to Mr. Fitzgerald.
- Interested in learning more about and joining the CHS Computer Science Honor Society questions can be directed to Mrs. Lamborn in rm. 120.
- The mission of Central’s African American Student Union is to support the development of all Black students at Central through providing a safe space for fun, activism, and more! Feel free to DM the AASU Instagram page @chs.aasu for more information and meeting days.
- Do you know how to manage your money? Do you want to learn how to be financially responsible? ECSIR (Economic Career Self Improvement Research) is a club that aims to teach students about personal finance, career options, and self-improvement through research. Students can expect to explore credit cards, investing, taxes, and good habits will be meeting every Monday, after school in room 227 from 3:00 pm – 3:15pm.
- Science Tutoring is starting! Tutoring takes place Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:30 – 8:00am & 3:10-4:00pm in room 099. Come with questions or no idea where to start….we’re here to help! (Ms. Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Any student interested in joining the bowling teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym office Room #060. The season will start in December.
- This announcement is for girls interested in playing Girls Varsity or JV Basketball. Please see Ms. Wesley in room 313 if you missed the information meeting. Athletes who attended the meeting please return your completed PIAA physical as soon as possible to Ms. Wesley in room 313.
- The CYA Central Yoga Association club meets every Wednesday at 3:15pm in the auditorium .
- The Central Math Club meets every Thursday after school in rm. 95. If you like challenging math problems and want to participate in multiple national and international competitions, welcome to the club. Math is fun!~Mr. Ovetsky
- Interested in climate action and community service? Join SEAS, the Student Environmental Action Society! SEAS aims to educate and empower students to take part in their respective communities to work towards conservation and sustainability. There will be many opportunities to strengthen Central’s sustainability measures and promote environmental health in our school community. Meetings are on Thursdays after school in room 403 and will likely go outside to start work cataloging Central’s trees and quantifying the value they provide. DM@seas.chs on Instagram or email Ms. Cohen email@example.com about any questions!
- The Drama Society of Central High School will meet every Monday and Tuesday after school in room 305 – Mr. Burns
- UNHEARD meets every Monday in room 3 at 3:20pm with Mrs. Durkee. Anyone interested in joining UNHEARD, which stands for: Uprooting Negligence and Habituating Equity and ANTI-Racism through Real Discussion is welcome to join.
- Costume Design meets every Tuesday in room 3 at 3:20pm with Mrs. Durkee.
- LGBT+Club Thursdays, 3:15 – 4:00 PM Thursdays, in Rm. 406
- Dungeons and Dragons Club 3:15-4:00 PM, Thursdays in Rm. 403
- Join the Central Voter Engagement Team! Help get Central students to register to vote and share information about upcoming elections. Learn about opportunities to work the polls on Election Day and help increase youth voter engagement and political involvement citywide, and even run for office yourself! Meetings are held on Mondays in Room 307.
- Parent Information: If you need help with the parent portal please go to https://centralhs.philasd,org-2/parent-portal-information/
- Mirror, Central’s art and literary magazine, is up and running for this school year. We are distributing last year’s Mirror publication to all advisors this week. Students, you are invited to submit your art and poetry for publication. Look out for signs in your English classrooms that have QR code to submit your work online. All students are invited to join us in reviewing submissions at our Mirror staff meetings on Tuesdays after school in room 108.
Information for Central Staff:
Staff please review your Safety Protocols with your students every class period.
Reminder send your Daily Bulletin Request to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon daily in order for your information to be in the bulletin the next day.
Encourage more. Judge Less. ~Life’s Little Instruction Calendar Classics 2021