DAILY BULLETIN WEDNESDAY, October 6, 2021
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY, October 6, 2021
REGULAR BELL SCHEDULE
Advisory 8:00 – 8:53
1st 8:56 – 9:46
2nd 9:49 – 10:39
3rd 10:42 – 11:32
4th 11:35 – 12:25
5th 12:28 – 1:18
6th 1:21 – 2:11
7th 2:14 – 3:04
(Remember Wednesday the Advisory period is used for COMMON PLANNING for our teachers and staff)
Students start their day at 1st Period.
Information for Students/Parents:
- Students please bring your early dismissal requests to the office before Advisory ends. Your parent/guardian can send a note with the requested time and a contact number so that the early dismissal can be verified and processed by Mrs. Brown in the main office.
- Boys interested in the Boy’s Volleyball team should see Mr. Leong in room 125 to get important information.
- Any student interested in joining the wrestling team please email Mr. Julien(email@example.com)
Interested in learning more about and joining the Science Olympiad club?
- Please join us in room 402 today Tuesday, October 5th for an interest meeting. Any other questions can be directed to Mr. Fitzgerald.
Students interested in joining IPCO(Indian Pakistani Cultural Organization) there will be a club interest meeting this Wednesday, October 6th afterschool in Room 232.
- To all math lovers: the first Math Madness game of the year will take place on Thursday, October 7th, after school in rm. 95. Everyone is welcome to play. If you have not registered yet, please email Mr. Ovetsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Central’s Afrocentric Magazine provides an outlet for students to celebrate black experiences and cultures through illustration, fashion, poetry, and more! Afrocentric is for students from all backgrounds interested in uniquely empowering black students. To learn more about submitting to our magazine or joining our staff, come to our interest meeting on Thursday, October 7th, after school in room 204.
- Seniors interested in applying for the 281 Yearbook Staff can pick up an application from Ms. Cameron in Room 104. All completed applications must be returned to Ms. Cameron by Friday, October 8th.
Interested in learning more about and joining the CHS Computer Science Honor Society? Please join us at 3:10pm in the auditorium for an interest meeting on Thursday, October 7th. Any questions can be directed to Mrs. Lamborn.
- The mission of Central’s African American Student Union is to support the development of all Black students at Central through providing a safe space for fun, activism, and more! A meeting for both interested and returning AASU members will take place on Wednesday, October 6th at 3:15pm in the Spain Conference Center. Feel free to DM the AASU Instagram page @chs.aasu for more information.
- Do you know how to manage your money? Do you want to learn how to be financially responsible? ECSIR (Economic Career Self Improvement Research) is a club that aims to teach students about personal finance, career options, and self-improvement through research. Students can expect to explore credit cards, investing, taxes, and good habits to pick up ECSIR will be meeting every Monday, after school in room 227 from 3:00 pm – 3:15pm.
- Be a Science Peer Tutor! Did you excel at Biology, Physics, or Chemistry? We need your brain and help in the science peer tutoring center. You can choose the day and time (Tues/Thurs am or pm). Incentives include snacks, hoodies after 10 hours of service, awards after 20 hours of service, and resume swag. Fill out this form to let us know of your availability. – Ms. Cohen https://forms.gle/Xh1QmqM16Ek4YaTA
- Any student interested in joining the bowling teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym office Room #060. The season will start in December.
- This announcement is for girls interested in playing Girls Varsity or JV Basketball. Please see Ms. Wesley in room 313 if you missed the information meeting. Athletes who attended the meeting please return your completed PIAA physical as soon as possible to Ms. Wesley in room 313.
- Attention all Clubs(Newly formed and Previously formed) Many thanks to our clubs that have submitted all required paperwork and have been approved! I am so excited to see our clubs beginning. Remember, ALL CLUBS are to submit new forms for the 2021-2022 school year. All forms are available on the CHS Hub Page. Clubs will not be cleared to begin until everything is received by Miss Gillis. The lists of approved clubs have been posted on our Club Hub page. If you have any questions or concerns please email them to email@example.com or stop by Miss Gillis office. Required Forms
Club information sheet
Sponsor Agreement Form
Club Constitution(new clubs only)
- Freshman & Sophomore Tea Update. I am excited to announce that we are having a Freshman Tea as well as a Sophomore Tea! The dates are as follows: Freshman Tea -11/8/2021 and the Sophomore Tea – 11/15/2021.
The Main Office is looking for community service worker for 1-pd, 2-pd, 3-pd. Please see Mrs. Flowers in the main office if interested.
- The CYA Central Yoga Association club would like an announcement of their interest meeting. Central Yoga Association will be holding a club interest meeting on Wednesday, October 6th at 3:15pm in the auditorium for all interested students.
- The Central Math Club will take place every Thursday after school in rm. 95. If you like challenging math problems and want to participate in multiple national and international competitions, welcome to the club. Math is fun!~Mr. Ovetsky
- Interested in climate action and community service? Join SEAS, the Student Environmental Action Society!
- SEAS aims to educate and empower students to take part in their respective communities to work towards conservation and sustainability. There will be many opportunities to strengthen Central’s sustainability measures and promote environmental health in our school community. Meetings are on Thursdays after school in room 403 and will likely go outside to start work cataloging Central’s trees and quantifying the value they provide. DM@seas.chs on Instagram or email Ms. Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org about any questions!
- The Drama Society of Central High School will meet every Monday and Tuesday after school in room 305 – Mr. Burns
283 DAYS at the Football Game
- I’m excited to to announce that 283 will have the opportunity to show school spirit as a class at two football games. Come in CHS school colors/gear to show your pride! You will need your ID to pay a reduced entrance fee of $3.00 October 22, 2021 – Rally Towels for 283 students
- UNHEARD meets every Monday in room 3 at 3:20pm with Mrs. Durkee. Anyone interested in joining UNHEARD, which stands for: Uprooting
- Negligence and Habituating Equity and ANTI-Racism through Real Discussion is welcome to join.
- Costume Design meets every Tuesday in room 3 at 3:20pm with Mrs. Durkee.
- LGBT+Club Thursdays, 3:15 – 4:00 PM Thursdays, in Rm. 406
Dungeons and Dragons Club 3:15-4:00 PM, Thursdays in Rm. 403
Join the Central Voter Engagement Team! Help get Central students to register to vote and share information about upcoming elections. Learn about opportunities to work the polls on Election Day and help increase youth voter engagement and political involvement citywide, and even run for office yourself! Meetings are held on Mondays in Room 307.
SDP Celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month – September 15 – October 15, 2021
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art has programs designed for teens. Teen Media film studies and Teen Sketch visual art making program. Teen Media will meet on Wednesdays from 4pm-6pm and we have up to 30 slots for new students to join us this year Teen Sketch will meet on Thursdays from 4pm-6pm, we are planning to select 5-8 new students to join our existing cohort of 15. Both programs will be virtual through the fall, though we are hoping to host some classes in-person in 2021 for the Teen Sketch. This should keep it accessible for your students to join us even if they live far from the museum. Students joining receive a weekly stipend($20) for participating in all 18 sessions (October-March) and those who join Teen Sketch receive art materials in the mail. Want to learn more? I invited Joseph Iacona from PMA’s Delphi Program to share directly with students on the morning of Friday, September 24@at 8:15am. Please join this online meeting during Advisory (wear headphones) Join Zoom Meeting https://philamuseum-org.zoom.us/j/89808149144?pwd=SkVzcjN3L1Z3NTFmWFVIQlJUN1IvZz09 Meeting ID: 898 0814 9144 Passcode: teens
- Parent Information: If you need help with the parent portal please go to https://centralhs.philasd,org-2/parent-portal-information/
- Mirror, Central’s art and literary magazine, is up and running for this school year. We are distributing last year’s Mirror publication to all advisors this week. Students, you are invited to submit your art and poetry for publication. Look out for signs in your English classrooms that have QR code to submit your work online. All students are invited to join us in reviewing submissions at our Mirror staff meetings on Tuesdays after school in room 108. The first staff meeting will be held on Tuesday, 10/5.
- Interested in learning more about and joining the Science Olympiad club? Please join us in room 402 next Tuesday, (10/05) for an interest meeting. Any questions can be directed to Mr. Fitzgerald.
- Information for Central Staff: Reminder send your Daily Bulletin Request to email@example.com by 12 noon daily in order for your information to be in the bulletin the next day.
Always wonder why. ~ Life’s Little Instruction Calendar Classics 2021