DAILY BULLETIN MONDAY, September 27, 2021
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, September 27, 2021
REGULAR BELL SCHEDULE
Advisory 8:00 – 8:53
1st 8:56 – 9:46
2nd 9:49 – 10:39
3rd 10:42 – 11:32
4th 11:35 – 12:25
5th 12:28 – 1:18
6th 1:21 – 2:11
7th 2:14 – 3:04
Information for Students/Parents:
- CHROMEBOOKS: Please pick up your School District Chromebook if your haven’t done so already from 237! The district Chromebook is the only way to access certain apps that will be used for tests and quizzes by your teachers. Also, if you are having connectivity or other issues with your chromebook, please come to 237 from 7:30 am until the end of 1st period. You may also contact Mr. Innamarato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students please bring your early dismissal requests to the office before Advisory ends. Your parent/guardian can send a note with the requested time and a contact number so that the early dismissal can be verified and processed by Mrs. Brown in the main office.
- UNHEARD will be meeting Monday, September 27th in room 3 at 3:20pm with Mrs. Durkee. Anyone interested in joining UNHEARD, which stands for: Uprooting Negligence and Habituating Equity and ANTI-Racism through Real Discussion is welcome to join us.
LGBT+Club Thursdays, 3:15 – 4:00 PM Thursdays, in Rm. 406
- Dungeons and Dragons Club 3:15-4:00 PM, Thursdays in Rm. 403
Hispanos y Latinxs Unidos is hosting our first membership meeting after school on Tuesday, September 28th in the Barnwell Library.
- Join the Central Voter Engagement Team! Help get Central students to register to vote and share information about upcoming elections. Learn about opportunities to work the polls on Election Day and help increase youth voter engagement and political involvement citywide, and even run for office yourself! Our first meeting of the year is in Room 307 on Monday, September 27th after school.
- Shout out to the girls varsity field hockey team for their victory over Franklin Towne Charter High School on Wednesday, September 22nd! Goalie Kasey Shamis recorded her second shutout of the season. Goals were scored by Yashi Patel, Uyen Giang, Emily Vu, and Mahala Garcia-Bartch. The team plays again on Monday, September 27th at Girl’s High.
- For all girls interested in trying out for JV or Varsity basketball there will be a brief information meeting after school on Tuesday, September 28th, in room 208.
- The first meeting of Central’s Film Club will be having its first meeting tomorrow in room 307, after school.
- SDP Celebrates the Start of National Hispanic Heritage Month – September 15 – October 15, 2021
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art has programs designed for teens. Teen Media film studies and Teen Sketch visual art making program
Mirror, Central’s art and literary magazine, is up and running for this school year. We are distributing last year’s Mirror publication to all advisors this week. Students, you are invited to submit your art and poetry for publication. Look out for signs in your English classrooms that have QR code to submit your work online. All students are invited to join us in reviewing submissions at our Mirror staff meetings on Tuesdays after school in room 108. The first staff meeting will be held on Tuesday, 10/5.
- Teen Media will meet on Wednesdays from 4pm-6pm and we have up to 30 slots for new students to join us this year Teen Sketch will meet on Thursdays from 4pm-6pm, we are planning to select 5-8 new students to join our existing cohort of 15. Both programs will be virtual through the fall, though we are hoping to host some classes in-person in 2021 for the Teen Sketch. This should keep it accessible for your students to join us even if they live far from the museum. Students joining receive a weekly stipend($20) for participating in all 18 sessions (October-March) and those who join Teen Sketch receive art materials in the mail. Want to learn more? I invited Joseph Iacona from PMA’s Delphi Program to share directly with students on the morning of Friday, September 24@at 8:15am. Please join this online meeting during Advisory (wear headphones) Join Zoom Meeting https://philamuseum-org.zoom.us/j/89808149144?pwd=SkVzcjN3L1Z3NTFmWFVIQlJUN1IvZz09 Meeting ID: 898 0814 9144 Passcode: teens
- The first meeting of the Central Math Club will take place on Thursday, September 23rd, after school in rm. 95. If you like challenging math problems and want to participate in multiple national and international competitions, welcome to the club. Math is fun!
- SENIORS this is a reminder that the photographers are in the building to take your Senior pictures in the Wrestling Gym. They will be here today, tomorrow, and Friday between 8am – 2:30pm
- If you need help with the parent portal please go to https://centralhs.philasd,org-2/parent-portal-information
Information for Central Staff:
- Reminder send your Daily Bulletin Request to email@example.com by 12 noon daily in order for your information to be in the bulletin the next day.
The halftime score doesn’t determine the winner~Life’s Little Instruction Calendar Classics 2021~Eagles @ Cowboys~Sunday~GO EAGLES!