DAILY BULLETIN MONDAY, January 13, 2020
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, January 13, 2020
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
- Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
Reminder Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R)
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- Please remember to check your CHS Calendar everyday for upcoming events.
- Science Opportunity for 10th & 11th grade girls: EXELON FOUNDATION STEM INNOVATION LEADERSHIP ACADEMYA free week-long(Sunday, July
- Pam and Sam from Lincoln Investment will be here Wednesday, January 15th, from 11:00am – 12:30pm.
- The SCIENCE PEER TUTORING CENTER will start on Tuesday 12/3/19 and run Tues-Fri during open homeroom in the Chemistry Alcove (outside rms. 083-085). Come bring your biology, chemistry, and physics questions. Join the Peer Tutoring Google Classroom (an7brz4) for updates. – Ms. Cohen ([mailto:email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org])
- Teachers/Staff: I am looking for someone to take over as sponsor of martial arts club. Club meets on Monday afternoons. Students are organized but I am no longer to carry out this responsibility. Send me a line if you are interested: email@example.com Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity. – J. Lobron
- The Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Class met after school on Friday, October 18 in Room 211. Please note every Friday; students from U Penn’s Wharton School of Business will be at Central to teach the classes. For more info see Mr. Quinn (Room 307) or Ms. Sheldon-Matje (Room 211).
- Science Peer Tutoring! Do you need or can you offer HELP in a science course? Sign up here to be a peer tutor or to request help. Tutors will receive community service hours, and tutees efforts to improve their understanding will be carefully recorded and communicated to parents/guardians and teachers.
- Any student, male or female interested in joining the Central Bowling Teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym. Please do so during the open Advisory period.
- Central’s A Cappella the Knights of Harmony is still looking for boys and those who can beat box to audition. Please stop by room 323 and look for Mr. G.
- January 10—Fall formal observation window closes
- January 13—Spring formal observation window opens
- January 14-copies of final exams due to Assistant Principals
- January 16-Reading day for Mid-terms
- January 17-Reading day for Mid-terms
- January 20—No school
- January 21—Mid-term Exams, periods 1 and 2
- January 22—Mid-term exams, periods 3 and 4
- January 23—Mid-term exams, periods 5 and 6
- January 24— Half-day PD: students in morning only
- Mid-term exams, period 7 and make ups
- January 29–5pm: 2nd report grades due
- January 30–PDP mid-year review due (if necessary)