DAILY BULLETIN THURSDAY, December 19, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
THURSDAY, December 19, 2019
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
Activities for today:
- ASSEMBLY CLASS 279
- Winter Concert ~ 7pm-9pm
- Interim Reports should be Distributed TODAY during Advisory.
- OTAKU Bake Sale 6:30am-8:00am
THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
- Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
Reminder Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R)
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- Our Athletic department is having our annual rummage sale in Room 50 on Friday, December 20th, from 8:20am until 10:45am. Lots of great deals on tee shirts, hats, jerseys, and more!!
- Check out the new art exhibition along the main hallway. This is a display of artworks by students in Art 2 classes.
- Featured in this exhibition is a collaborative project between the Ms. Keefe’s Art 2 students and Mr. Herbstritt’s students working with the fruit fly laboratory.
- I am looking for a few managers for JV Girls Basketball team to lean how to use the scoreboard, clock and to keep score – please let me know – community service hours are available – Coach Weiss email@example.com or in gym during homeroom.
- The SCIENCE PEER TUTORING CENTER will start on Tuesday 12/3/19 and run Tues-Fri during open homeroom in the Chemistry Alcove (outside rms. 083-085). Come bring your biology, chemistry, and physics questions. Join the Peer Tutoring Google Classroom (an7brz4) for updates. – Ms. Cohen ([mailto:firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com])
- Teachers/Staff: I am looking for someone to take over as sponsor of martial arts club. Club meets on Monday afternoons. Students are organized but I am no longer to carry out this responsibility. Send me a line if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity. – J. Lobron
- Greetings from the Central-Thon Committee! We are excited to kick-off the 2019-2020 fundraising season with our annual toy drive. These donations go directly to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, specifically, Child Life Services. Last year, we collected 425 toys; this year our goal is 500 toys, but we hope to exceed that goal with cooperation from the outgoing and motivated student and faculty/staff community here at CHS. We would appreciate your support during this event (11/13-12/13) in the form of new, non-gift wrapped toys that you believe are well suited for patient’s ages 4-21. There are drop-boxes in front of the main entrance and Room 211. Please reach out to either our sponsor, Dr. Elliott Drago, or one of our Co-Directors, Hannah Poeng (email@example.com), Alesha Philip (firstname.lastname@example.org), and April Serrano (email@example.com) if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Many thanks in advance for your support and may you all have a bountiful toy drive season!
- Monell Science Apprenticeship Program
- Biochemistry research experience (PAID)!!
- On UPenn campus!
- Dates: Monday, June 15th – Friday, August 7th, 2020
- Highly competitive application process that includes a personal statement & letter of recommendation
- Due December 16, 2019
- https://www.monell.org/education training/science appreciation program
- The Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Class met after school on Friday, October 18 in Room 211. Please note every Friday; students from U Penn’s Wharton School of Business will be at Central to teach the classes. For more info see Mr. Quinn (Room 307) or Ms. Sheldon-Matje (Room 211).
- Science Peer Tutoring!Do you need or can you offer HELP in a science course? Sign up here to be a peer tutor or to request help. Tutors will receive community service hours, and tutees efforts to improve their understanding will be carefully recorded and communicated to parents/guardians and teachers.
- Any student, male or female interested in joining the Central Bowling Teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym. Please do so during the open Advisory period.
- Central’s A Cappella the Knights of Harmony is still looking for boys and those who can beat box to audition. Please stop by room 323 and look for Mr. G.
- Please use this link for 15% off all Tri State Modell’s stores valid through December 26 Athletics receives 5% rebate- thanks and please share