DAILY BULLETIN FRIDAY, December 13, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
FRIDAY, December 13, 2019
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
- Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
Reminder Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R)
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- Hello Staff and Students, our annual Widener Showcase will be December 17, 2019. SA Reps are collecting donations for the Widener Scholarship during advisory. Central has given a scholarship to Widener since 1950. Please consider donating to the scholarship fund. We will accept collections until 12/13. Donations can also be dropped off to Ms. Cervantes in the SA Office, Room 241. Thank you!
- Thank you to all who contributed to the Hurricane Dorian collection for the Bahamas. We raised $485 to send to the Center for Disaster Philanthropy!Thank you for your generosity, – The SA Office
- On Tuesday, December 17th, the MAIN CORRIDOR OF THE FIRST FLOOR WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL STUDENTS from about 9:30 am to the beginning of seventh period to accommodate our friends from Widener. Seniors will attend the show. Please plan a different route to class. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. The SA office.
- Our Athletic department is having our annual rummage sale in Room 50 on Friday, December 20th, from 8:20am until 10:45am. Lots of great deals on tee shirts, hats, jerseys, and more!!
- Check out the new art exhibition along the main hallway. This is a display of artworks by students in Art 2 classes.
- Featured in this exhibition is a collaborative project between the Ms. Keefe’s Art 2 students and Mr. Herbstritt’s students working with the fruit fly laboratory.
- I am looking for a few managers for JV Girls Basketball team to lean how to use the scoreboard, clock and to keep score – please let me know – community service hours are available – Coach Weiss firstname.lastname@example.org or in gym during homeroom.
- The SCIENCE PEER TUTORING CENTER will start on Tuesday 12/3/19 and run Tues-Fri during open homeroom in the Chemistry Alcove (outside rms. 083-085). Come bring your biology, chemistry, and physics questions. Join the Peer Tutoring Google Classroom (an7brz4) for updates. – Ms. Cohen ([mailto:email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org])
- Teachers/Staff: I am looking for someone to take over as sponsor of martial arts club. Club meets on Monday afternoons. Students are organized but I am no longer to carry out this responsibility. Send me a line if you are interested: email@example.com Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity. – J. Lobron
- DON’T MISS YOU CHANCE TO GET $100 from the SDP!! ATTENTION STAFF: The SDP has scheduled the Allotment Report for all Teachers and Nurses much earlier than usual. The new deadline for submitting your receipts is this Friday, December 13. Anyone who has not yet submitted his or her receipts, must do so immediately. If the receipts are not received in a timely fashion, the SDOP will deduct the Allotment amount from your paycheck.
- You can give these receipts to Dr. Scott or directly to the School Operations Office (Rm. 148). Or you can contact me directly, if you have any questions. ~ Adelina
- Greetings from the Central-Thon Committee! We are excited to kick-off the 2019-2020 fundraising season with our annual toy drive. These donations go directly to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, specifically, Child Life Services. Last year, we collected 425 toys; this year our goal is 500 toys, but we hope to exceed that goal with cooperation from the outgoing and motivated student and faculty/staff community here at CHS. We would appreciate your support during this event (11/13-12/13) in the form of new, non-gift wrapped toys that you believe are well suited for patient’s ages 4-21. There are drop-boxes in front of the main entrance and Room 211. Please reach out to either our sponsor, Dr. Elliott Drago, or one of our Co-Directors, Hannah Poeng (firstname.lastname@example.org), Alesha Philip (email@example.com), and April Serrano (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Many thanks in advance for your support and may you all have a bountiful toy drive season!
- Monell Science Apprenticeship Program
- Biochemistry research experience (PAID)!!
- On UPenn campus!
- Dates: Monday, June 15th – Friday, August 7th, 2020
- Highly competitive application process that includes a personal statement & letter of recommendation
- Due December 16, 2019
- https://www.monell.org/education training/science appreciation program
- The Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Class met after school on Friday, October 18 in Room 211. Please note every Friday; students from U Penn’s Wharton School of Business will be at Central to teach the classes. For more info see Mr. Quinn (Room 307) or Ms. Sheldon-Matje (Room 211).
- Science Peer Tutoring! Do you need or can you offer HELP in a science course? Sign up here to be a peer tutor or to request help. Tutors will receive community service hours, and tutees efforts to improve their understanding will be carefully recorded and communicated to parents/guardians and teachers.
- Any student, male or female interested in joining the Central Bowling Teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym. Please do so during the open Advisory period.
- Central’s A Cappella the Knights of Harmony is still looking for boys and those who can beat box to audition. Please stop by room 323 and look for Mr. G.
- Please use this link for 15% off all Tri State Modell’s stores valid through December 26 Athletics receives 5% rebate- thanks and please share