DAILY BULLETIN WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2019
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
ASSEMBLY FOR CLASS 279 THIS MORNING
THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
- Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
Reminder Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R) Thank you
Don’t forget your tickets for the Thanksgiving Game. See a Sr. Football player or manager for tickets. They are $8 in advance and $10 at the gate. COME OUT AND CHEER FOR THE LANCERS BEFORE YOU EAT TURKEY!!!!
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- I am so happy with the response from Central Staff members in filling out and turning in the Emergency Contact Form as requested by the main office. I am still missing a few so if you could turn those in I would appreciate it. Ms. Ramseur
- ATTENTION STAFF: The SDOP has scheduled the Allotment Report for all Teachers and Nurses much earlier than usual. The new deadline for submitting your receipts is December 13. Anyone who has not yet submitted his or her receipts, must do so immediately. If the receipts are not received in a timely fashion, the SDOP will deduct the Allotment amount from your paycheck. You can give these receipts to Dr. Scott or directly to the School Operations Office (Rm. 148).You can contact me directly, if you have any questions. ~ Adelina
- Artists and Writers! Central’s art & literary magazine, The Mirror, is accepting final submissions for the Winter issue through the end of this
week. If you want to submit poetry or artwork for possible publication, see the Mirror’s bulletin board in the English corridor for details on how
to submit your work.
- **Staff and Students: Lifetouch Photographers will be at Central High on Wednesday, November 20th, in the Wrestling Gym, between 8:00 – 2:30, with a Lunch Break at 12:00 – 12:45. Please make sure to have your photo taken if you haven’t already. Both Mrs. Horwits and Ms. Cameron have a list of students who have not yet been photographed. Staff not photographed, Ms. Cameron has a list, please use this time to have your photo taken as we have NO PHOTOS available from prior years.
- Monell Science Apprenticeship Program Biochemistry research experience (PAID)!!
- On UPenn campus!
- Dates: Monday, June 15th – Friday, August 7th, 2020
- Highly competitive application process that includes a personal statement & letter of recommendation
- Due December 16, 2019
- https://www.monell.org/education training/science appreciation program
- Drexel University’s Westphal College of Media Arts & Design will be presenting TODAY during period 6 in room 8. All students interested in the art and design program at Drexel are welcome to join us.
- The Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Class met after school on Friday, October 18 in Room 211. Please note every Friday; students from U Penn’s Wharton School of Business will be at Central to teach the classes. For more info see Mr. Quinn (Room 307) or Ms. Sheldon-Matje (Room 211).
- Science Peer Tutoring!
- Do you need or can you offer HELP in a science course? Sign up here to be a peer tutor or to request help. Tutors will receive community service hours, and tutees efforts to improve their understanding will be carefully recorded and communicated to parents/guardians and teachers.
- Any student, male or female interested in joining the Central Bowling Teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym. Please do so during the open Advisory period.
- Central’s A Cappella the Knights of Harmony is still looking for boys and those who can beat box to audition. Please stop by room 323 and look for Mr. G.
- Channel your inner Greta Thunberg at the first Student Environmental Action Society meeting. Help us plan and implement ideas to improve our local environment; help maintain our school’s garden; and have fun with environmentally conscious students. Meetings are every Thursday after school in room 402.
- Please use this link for 15% off all Tri State Modell’s stores valid through December 26 Athletics receives 5% rebate- thanks and please share