DAILY BULLETIN FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK:
- November 5: 279 Assembly
THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
Reminder Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R) Thank you
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- I am so happy with the response from Central Staff members in filling out and turning in the Emergency Contact Form as requested by the main office. I am still missing a few so if you could turn those in I would appreciate it. Ms. Ramseur
- Thanksgiving Game tickets are now available. See a Sr. Football player or manager for tickets. They are $8 in advance and $10 at the gate.
- Buy some new Central gear at our Fancloth online store. Hurry, the online store closes on Friday, 11/15! All items will be shipped to Central. https://fancloth.shop/EPUDT ~ Coach Julien
- Homecoming tickets are now on sale for $50 in the SA Office, Room 241, during open advisory, 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 7th, and online at the Central High School Website. Homecoming is 11/22 so please come buy your tickets! You may not attend if you are on any list. Money spent on tickets by ineligible students will have the money credited to Class Dues or other school debts. Tickets are on sale until 11/15.
Location: Loews Philadelphia, 1200 Market Street Time: 7 pm – 11 pm ~ The SA Office
- SEAS, the Student Environmental Action Society is joining with the broader Olney community to clean up our local Kemble Park (across the street) this Saturday 11/9 as part of the annual Love Your Park event. Join us! This event will run from 10am to 1pm and community service will be awarded. Breakfast is provided.
- Register here: https://loveyourpark.givepulse.com/event/136800-Signature-Site-Event-at-Kemble-Park%21
- The Art Department is pleased to present artworks by students in the 9th grade ART 1 courses. Please check out the display of students’ works in the cases along the main hallway. We hope you enjoy the new art exhibition.
- The Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship Class met after school on Friday, October 18 in Room 211. Please note every Friday; students from U Penn’s Wharton School of Business will be at Central to teach the classes. For more info see Mr. Quinn (Room 307) or Ms. Sheldon-Matje (Room 211).
- Science Peer Tutoring! Do you need or can you offer HELP in a science course? Sign up here to be a peer tutor or to request help. Tutors will receive community service hours, and tutees efforts to improve their understanding will be carefully recorded and communicated to parents/guardians and teachers.
- Any student, male or female interested in joining the Central Bowling Teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym. Please do so during the open Advisory period.
- Central’s A Cappella the Knights of Harmony is still looking for boys and those who can beat box to audition. Please stop by room 323 and look for Mr. G.
- Channel your inner Greta Thunberg at the first Student Environmental Action Society meeting. Help us plan and implement ideas to improve our local environment; help maintain our school’s garden; and have fun with environmentally conscious students. Meetings are every Thursday after school in room 402.
- Central Community, You’re Invited!! Join the RoboLancers for flapjacks, sausages, OJ, and coffee to brighten your Saturday morning.On November 16, 2019 from 8-10am, the Central RoboLancers will take over the Applebees at 2501 Aramingo Ave., Philadelphia, 19125. Watch the team members in action as they serve a great breakfast to support the team. Only $10 per person!!Tickets are available from Ms. Coutts or Mr. Johnson at school, and are also available at the door. Payment is accepted in cash or Money Order made out to Central High School. Thank you! ~ Michael B. Johnson