DAILY BULLETIN WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2019
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK
- Students: Our Varsity Football team has a home game this Friday afternoon at 3pm. Come out Oct. 18th and watch us take on IMHOTEP.
- DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE CHS CALENDAR!!
- THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
- Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R) Thank you
- Central JV Baseball:All interested Students: JV Baseball Meeting Thursday, October 17, 2019, Room 50, 3:15pm
- Anyone interested in traveling abroad this summer, with the potential to receive a full scholarship for the trip, should come to the auditorium on Thursday morning during advisory for a visit with CIEE. ~ Ms. Rodriquez
- Please be advised that advisory photos will be taken for each respective class on the following days/dates:
- Monday, October 21st ~ 280 meets in the Auditorium at 8am
- Tuesday, October 22nd ~ 281 meets in the Auditorium at 8am
- Wednesday, October 23rd ~ 282 meets in the Auditorium at 8am
- Thursday, October 24th ~ 279 meets in the Auditorium at 8am fro Spirit Day
- Our Spirit Day, the Superpan photo will be taken on the grassy area between the English corridor and the Math corridor. There will be no photo taken in the gym this year.
- Central’s Annual Costume Contest will take place on October 31st during Advisory with 282. Anyone interested in competing must pre-register with Ms. Durkee in room 3 by October 28th.
- Any student, male or female interested in joining the Central Bowling Teams, should see Mr. Johns in the Gym. Please do so during the open Advisory period.
- Villanova Engineering, Science, Technology, Enrichment, and Development (VESTED) Program
- Whether you are preparing your art portfolio for National Portfolio Day (10/27) or for college admission, you may be interested in having art teachers here at Central review your portfolio with you. Come on Thursday, October 17th, after school in Room 8 to meet with an art teacher. This is an informal and voluntary opportunity to share your art portfolio and to prepare for your future.
- Central’s A Cappella the Knights of Harmony is still looking for boys and those who can beat box to audition. Please stop by room 323 and look for Mr. G.
- Close to Home is a club that helps students earn community service hours by participating in a range of community based service activities and events. If interested in joining attend our meeting on Thursday, October 17th after school in the Spain Center. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Freshman Tea is October 24, 2019. Club presidents; please fill out the form to participate in Freshman Tea on the SA Club President Google Classroom. Each club will need to make a trifold poster for the Freshman Tea, which is due to the SA Office, Room 241, by 10/18. Let us know if you have any questions. – The SA Office
- Channel your inner Greta Thunberg at the first Student Environmental Action Society meeting. Help us plan and implement ideas to improve our local environment; help maintain our school’s garden; and have fun with environmentally conscious students. Meetings are every Thursday after school in room 402.
- The Fox Chase Immersion Science Program is accepting applications until 10/28/19. ISP is a FREE program for students who have already completed Biology and Chemistry. Learn serious research techniques using fruit flies to investigate diet and cancer signaling pathways. The program runs over 11 Saturdays, January 11th – March 21st. The application will launch on Twitter (@isp_lab) and Facebook (Fox Chase Cancer Center Immersion Science Program).
Community Service Opportunity:
- Any students interested in being Social Studies tutors during advisory please come and see Mr. Bezanis in Room 224. We are looking for students to help in each of the 4 main core Social Studies courses. Thank you! – Mr. Bezanis
- Blind Sports Organization of Philadelphia
- Our organization has done a great job of providing people with visual impairment the opportunity to participate in athletic settings.
As a non-profit organization, we are constantly looking for volunteers to assist in our various events held around the Philadelphia area. Being familiar towards Central’s mission to have students engage in community service, I think this would be a great opportunity to have students assist in events while being able to enjoy the pleasures of sports and social interaction.
We have a volunteer sign-up page, which is copied below.
- **9th Graders Only ~ Shadowing starts Monday, September 23rd. If you would like to shadow, please report to the shadow hallway (between the Auditorium and Library) by 7:30am. Shadow dates for this week are Monday, 10/ 14– Thursday, 10/17