DAILY BULLETIN MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
- Advisory 8:00-8:53
- 1st 8:56-9:46
- 2nd 9:49-10:39
- 3rd 10:42-11:32
- 4th 11:35-12:25
- 5th 12:28-1:18
- 6th 1:21-2:11
- 7th 2:14-3:04
THE SCHOOL STORE IS NOW OPEN! School Store Hours are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday ~ Morning 7:30-8:00 and Afternoon 3:10 – 3:30
Wednesday ~ Morning, 7:30 – 8:00 ~ NO After School Hours
STAFF and STUDENTS:
- Staff when you are absent please turn in a SEH-86 after each absence the day after you return. Absence cards can be found in the main office behind the copier in a tray. Please Complete, Sign, and Return to the main office to Ms. Ramseur (Ms. R) Thank you..
- Anyone interested in joining the indoor track team please come to the interest meeting on Tuesday, September 24th at 3:15 pm in room 51. Thank You.
- Do you want to create an art portfolio for college admissions? There will be a meeting after school on Tuesday, 9/24, in room 8 to go over what you can do to prepare. Come with your questions. There will be another session in mid-October to review your portfolios. Tuesday’s session will focus on learning about the process and the content of the art portfolio.The meeting is geared toward 11th and 12th grade students, but all are welcome to attend.
**9th Graders Only ~ Shadowing starts Monday, September 23rd. If you would like to shadow, please report to the shadow hallway (between the Auditorium and Library) by 7:30am. Shadow dates next week are Monday, 9/23 – Thursday, 9/26.
- There will be an informational meeting for girls interested in playing girls varsity basketball, afterschool, in room 204 on Monday, September 23rd. All team members and those interested in trying out are expected to attend. See Mrs. Wesley for more information.
- All students interested in politics, current events, and global affairs: Central’s Model UN club will have its first meeting of the 2019-20 school year on Tuesday, September 24th, at 8:15 am in Room 107. Please join us to discuss plans for the upcoming school year, including conference dates and information, and possible speaker events. If you are interested but unable to attend, please email Tasso Hartzog at [ mail to firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com ] or Ellie Lipson at [mail to firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com ]
- Auditions for Central High Schools A Cappella Group will be Tuesday, 9/24/19 and Thursday, 9/26/19 after school in room 323. For other arrangements contact Ms. Gruzwalski.
- There will be a presentation on American Dance Wheels, Friday 9/20 at 8:15 in the Wrestling Gym. This is a special partnership we started last year with Widener students. Come learn about this amazing program and see if you’d like to be a part of it. Of course, you must not be on any of the attendance, revoked privileges or academic lists to qualify, and your teacher must agree that you can take part in the program. It happens Wednesday from 9:10 to 10:40 at Widener from 9/25 to 12/18. Please sign up here if you are interested in attending the presentation. You must sign up to attend. Thanks.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTUlWdhBo767BBUe4kbWZd4y1kc2JgLLYWd48h7DrDm9VcYw/viewform
- Informational meeting for those interested in playing JV Girls Basketball will be held on two separate times and dates.
- Monday, October 7th after school in room 50 and/or
- Tuesday, October 8th in the gym at 7:45am or 8:20am
Click this link for more info on PIAA physicals and instructions: https://centralhs.philasd.org/athletics/athletic-forms/
- PAID Service Opportunity!
- MobilizeGreen Urban Conservation Crew & John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge
- *Get paid $50/day or earn Service Learning Hours
- *Explore America’s first urban wildlife refuge
- *Learn about natural resource management careers while developing collaboration and leadership skills
- *Must be 15 by October 1, 2019 and currently enrolled in High School; Must be a US citizen
- *Must be in good physical condition
- *Must be able to commit to fully participating in all scheduled dates
- Application here: https://mobilizegreen.formstack.com/forms/Heinz crew member application
- Questions: email Philly@MobilizeGreen.org
- **Priority given to apps received by September 27th. Rolling basis..
- ALL FRESHMEN interested in JV Baseball. PLEASE CONTACT: Coach Bracciale at JEFFBRACCIALE@GMAIL.COM by Friday, September 27th.
- Please support CHS Athletics and share free 15% off Modell’s coupons. Valid through October 10, 2019.