DAILY BULLETIN MONDAY MARCH 25, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
MARCH 25, 2019
SCHEDULE: REGULAR SCHEDULE
- Homeroom 8:00-8:53
- 1st Period 8:56-9:46
- 2nd Period 9:49-10:39
- 3rd Period 10:42-11:32
- 4th Period 11:35-12:25
- 5th Period 12:28-1:18
- 6th Period 1:21-2:11
- 7th Period 2:14-3:04-Dismissal
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK
- 3/25-7:00-Debate Bake Sale, 8:00-279 Assembly (11-17, 11-18)
- 3/26-8:00-NHS Inductions (278)
- 3/27-8:00-Dr. Savino-Road Map to Medical School, Grades Close@3
- 3/28-7:00-Origami Bake Sale, 8:00-War Oral History Day-Spain
- 3/29-7:00-SOS Bake Sale, 3:00-Dodgeball 3-6:00
School Store Hours: MWF 7:30-7:55 AM and 3:10-3:30 PM
Submit information for the DAILY BULLETIN before 11:30 am. Please include DATES and TIME. Send email to Linda Kolsky, Office Secretary (email@example.com). REFER TO DAILY BULLETIN on centralhigh.net for more information.
- 278: The English Department would like to congratulate Hajer Sabil for winning the Speaker at Large contest. She will represent you well on May 31, 2019. Good luck Hajer! Gisela Johnson-Smith (3/29)
- NEW EXHIBITION of works by AP ART students is on display along the MAIN HALLWAY.
This exhibition runs March 22nd – April 11th We hope you enjoy the show!! Art Dept. (3/29)
- A new SBTL (School Based Teacher Leader) in each content area has been posted on the job opportunity board in the main office. Applications are due by the close of business on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The position will begin the 1st day of the 2019-2020 school year. Administration (3/27)
- CONGRATULATIONS to MARLAINA SCHIMAN (278) for her National Gold Key Scholastic Art Award.
- This is for her painting, “Free Spirit Constrained”. Marley will be receiving her award at Carnegie Hall in NYC in June. A. Keefe (3/25)
- The main office is looking for two office aides for 5th period starting immediately until the end of the year. Please see secretaries in the main office for further information. Ms. Flowers/Ms. Kolsky
- The packet for Class and SA Officer Elections is up on the Central High School website under Student Association Information. For class officer information, click the arrow next to SA Officer Elections. Elections are April 10th. Please see me for any questions. G. Cervantes (4/10)
- Central’s fourth annual Central-THON takes place on April 4th from 12-4 in the wrestling gym and will feature prizes, raffles, games, and performances. This dance marathon benefits the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia as well as our partner schools in the Dominican Republic. Central-THON shirts are available for purchase in room 211; the cost is $10. We hope to see you all there! Dr. Drago (4/4)
- Contests for which students must submit entries –
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN HARDCOPY BY MARCH 25, 2019 3:04pm
1. John Haney Poetry – one original poem
2. Harry Kapustin Award – best original poem
3. Dena Rennota White Creative Writing – best poetry and/or short story portfolio (3/25)
All entries must be typed with the student’s name, student’s homeroom number, and student’s English teacher’s name.
If you have any questions, please see your English teacher and/or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) at your earliest convenience.