DAILY BULLETIN THURSDAY MARCH 21, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
MARCH 21, 2019
SCHEDULE: REGULAR SCHEDULE
- Homeroom 8:00-8:53
- 1st Period 8:56-9:46
- 2nd Period 9:49-10:39
- 3rd Period 10:42-11:32
- 4th Period 11:35-12:25
- 5th Period 12:28-1:18
- 6th Period 1:21-2:11
- 7th Period 2:14-3:04-Dismissal
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK
- 3/21-8:00-Assembly for 279 (11/13, 14, 15, 16), 6:00-College Planning Night – 279
- 3/22-7:00-279 Ski Trip, 7:00 Girls LAX Bake Sale
School Store Hours: MWF 7:30-7:55 AM and 3:10-3:30 PM
Submit information for the DAILY BULLETIN before 11:30 am. Please include DATES and TIME. Send email to Linda Kolsky, Office Secretary (email@example.com). REFER TO DAILY BULLETIN on centralhigh.net for more information.
- A new SBTL (School Based Teacher Leader) in each content area has been posted on the job opportunity board in the main office. Applications are due by the close of business on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The position will begin the 1st day of the 2019-2020 school year. Administration
- IB Art student, Ella Greene, will have her artwork on exhibition in the hallway case between rooms 12 and 8.
- Please take a moment to enjoy the show. Congratulations, Ella on completing your IB Exhibition! A. Keefe (3/22)
- “PFT Members: Important Information regarding the upcoming PFT Building Elections will be available in your mailboxes, and on the PFT Bulletin Board in the Main Office, after the conclusion of 3rd period on Monday March 18th. Please review the information as soon as possible and be aware of the upcoming deadlines and procedures included in the announcement.” J. Price (3/22)
- CONGRATULATIONS to MARLAINA SCHIMAN (278) for her National Gold Key Scholastic Art Award.
- This is for her painting, “Free Spirit Constrained”. Marley will be receiving her award at Carnegie Hall in NYC in June. A. Keefe (3/25)
- The main office is looking for two office aides for 5th period starting immediately until the end of the year. Please see secretaries in the main office for further information. Ms. Flowers/Ms. Kolsky
- The packet for Class and SA Officer Elections is up on the Central High School website under Student Association Information. For class officer information, click the arrow next to SA Officer Elections. Elections are April 10th. Please see me for any questions. G. Cervantes (4/10)
- Central’s fourth annual Central-THON takes place on April 4th from 12-4 in the wrestling gym and will feature prizes, raffles, games, and performances. This dance marathon benefits the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia as well as our partner schools in the Dominican Republic. Central-THON shirts are available for purchase in room 211; the cost is $10. We hope to see you all there! Dr. Drago (4/4)
- If you are interested in taking a science honors or AP course next year, go to the Science Department page on Centralhigh.net. There you will find information about entrance exams test dates along with application due dates for Honors & AP Chemistry, Honors & AP Physics, Honors Pharmacology, Honors Forensic Science, Honors Astronomy, AP Biology, AP Environmental Science, and Science Research. Please see Ms. Bonner in room 83 if you have any questions. D. Bonner (3/22)
- Shakespeare Oratorical Competition:
Are you a spoken word poet? Do you love the language of William Shakespeare? Do you need extra credit? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then ask your English teacher or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) about the annual Shakespeare Oratorical Competition, which will be held at 3:10 on Thursday, March 21, 2019 in room 101. Winners in the senior class may also get graduation awards! (3/21)
- Seniors (278) Graduation Contest Awards
Contests for which students must sit/present –
Omin Brother/Sisterhood Essay Award – 3/22/19 (3:10pm) Ms. Haskins – rm. 203
- Contests for which students must submit entries –
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN HARDCOPY BY MARCH 25, 2019 3:04pm
1. John Haney Poetry – one original poem
2. Harry Kapustin Award – best original poem
3. Dena Rennota White Creative Writing – best poetry and/or short story portfolio (3/25)
All entries must be typed with the student’s name, student’s homeroom number, and student’s English teacher’s name.
If you have any questions, please see your English teacher and/or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) at your earliest convenience.