DAILY BULLETIN TUESDAY FEBRUARY 12, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
FEBRUARY 12, 2019
SCHEDULE: REGULAR BELL
1st Period 8:56-9:46
2nd Period 9:49-10:39
3rd Period 10:42-11:32
4th Period 11:35-12:25
5th Period 12:28-1:18
6th Period 1:21-2:11
7th Period 2:14-3:04
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK:
- 8/12-7:00-Bake Sale SOS, 7:30-278 Blood Drive, 8:00-279 Subject Sel.
- 8/13-Assembly for 278 Adv. 12-1, 12-2, 12-3, 12-4
- 8/14-7:00-ASAO Bake Sale, 8:00 Assembly for 12-5, 12-6, 12-7, 12-8 3:00-Chamber Music Concert-Spain
- 8/15-8:00 Assembly for 278 Adv. 12-9, 12-10, 12-11, 12-12
School Store Hours: MWF 7:30-7:55 AM and 3:10-3:30 PM
Submit information for the DAILY BULLETIN before 11:30 am. Please include DATES and TIME. Send email to Linda Kolsky, Office Secretary (email@example.com). REFER TO DAILY BULLETIN on centralhigh.net for more information. Thanks.
- Social Studies Elective Class Info Session – Come learn from Social Studies teachers about their classes and how to apply for IB, AP, and honors classes. Tuesday, February 12th, after school, in Spain Conference Center.
- T. Quinn (2/12)
- The Art Department congratulates the following students on their Scholastic Art awards.
- Gold Keys-Marlaina Schiman, 278 – awarded two Gold Keys
- Silver Keys-Jessica Mark, 278 – awarded two Silver Keys, Madolin Mast, 278 – awarded two Silver Keys, Marlaina Schiman, 278 – awarded three Silver Keys, Neve Shaver, 278 – awarded one Silver Key
- Honorable Mentions-Kelly Cheung, 278 – one Honorable Mention, Rebecca Cohen, 278 – one Honorable Mention
- Kinhthia Lam, 278 – one Honorable Mention, Jessica Mark, 278 – four Honorable Mentions, Madolin Mast, 278 – one Honorable Mention, Annalisa Quinn, 277 – one Honorable Mention, Marlaina Schiman, 278 – four Honorable Mentions
- Sanai Simmons, 277 – one Honorable Mention A. Keefe (2/15)
- Faculty: Barnwell Library advisory passes have been distributed to all advisory teachers for use in the 3rd Quarter. Thus you should have enough passes to use through early April. If you run out of passes or if you never received passes please let me know and I shall have them delivered to you. Please keep passes in a safe place as there has been a number of forgeries attempted. Thank you for helping us maintain the Barnwell Library as a locus of scholarship and quiet reflection for all. Have a peaceful and productive second semester. J. Lobron (2/15)
- Shakespeare Oratorical Competition:
Are you a spoken word poet? Do you love the language of William Shakespeare? Do you need extra credit? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then ask your English teacher or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) about the annual Shakespeare Oratorical Competition, which will be held at 3:10 on Thursday, March 21, 2019 in room 101. Winners in the senior class may also get graduation awards! (3/21)
- African-American Poetry Contest:
The African-American Poetry contest, sponsored by the Central High School English Department, will take place from February 4, 2019 – February 28, 2019. Students will need to write and submit one original poem that speaks to the spirit of African-American History Month. The contest is open to Central student participants of all ethnic groups in 9th through 12th grade. Winners in the senior class may also get graduation awards! Please see your English teacher or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) for details. (2/28)
- Seniors (278) Graduation Contest Awards
Contests for which students must sit/present –
1. Barsky English Award – 3/18/19 – (3:10pm) Mr. McElhenny rm. 226
2. Disharoon for Creative Writing – 3/19/19 – (3:10pm) Mrs. Johnson-Smith – rm. 105
3. Speaker at Large and James Roebuck Oratorical Contest – 3/20/19 – (3:10pm) English teacher panel – rm. 105
4. Omin Brother/Sisterhood Essay Award – 3/22/19 (3:10pm) Ms. Haskins – rm. 203
- Contests for which students must submit entries –
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN HARDCOPY BY MARCH 25, 2019 3:04pm
1. John Haney Poetry – one original poem
2. Harry Kapustin Award – best original poem
3. Dena Rennota White Creative Writing – best poetry and/or short story portfolio (3/25)
All entries must be typed with the student’s name, student’s homeroom number, and student’s English teacher’s name.
If you have any questions, please see your English teacher and/or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) at your earliest convenience.
- Students of English 2Honors, English 3 Advanced Placement, and English 4 Advanced Placement tests will be held on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 3:10pm in the auditorium. Please see your English teacher and/or Mrs. Johnson-Smith (room 110) for details.