DAILY BULLETIN WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23, 2019
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
JANUARY 23, 2019
SCHEDULE: REGULAR BELL
1st Period 8:56-9:46
2nd Period 9:49-10:39
3rd Period 10:42-11:32
4th Period 11:35-12:25
5th Period 12:28-1:18
6th Period 1:21-2:11
7th Period 2:14-3:04
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK
- 1/23-8:00-279 Int’l. Day Showcase-Aud., 3:00-Debate Match #8
- 1/24-8:00-Int’l. Day, 8:00 277-Int’l. Day Showcase-Aud.
- 1/25-7:00-Close to Home Bake Sale, 9:30-Nat’l. Physics Comp. Rm. 98
School Store Hours: MWF 7:30-7:55 AM and 3:10-3:30 PM
Submit information for the DAILY BULLETIN before 11:30 am. Please include DATES and TIME. Send email to Linda Kolsky, Office Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). REFER TO DAILY BULLETIN on centralhigh.net for more information. Thanks.
- Hello! We are looking for students to be dance partners for Widener students in wheelchairs. Central is starting a new partnership with the Widener School. Starting at the end of January, 18-20 Central students will have the opportunity to learn ballroom dance and participate as standing dance partners for Widener students in wheelchairs. The program begins 1/30 and lasts until the last Wednesday in May. You would leave school to go to Widener for the dance lesson on that day. Please fill out the form at the link below or go to the Central HS website. There is more information there and videos. You must be in good standing to participate and not on any revoked privileges lists. This is going to be a great opportunity! Google form to sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZmh_JyQlUuMjUjQfANTx71QSx43aa75NqOJGXxpN5V2R6pw/viewform
Information on the program: https://sites.google.com/philasd.org/chs-student-association/home/american-dancewheels-opportunity-for-seniors Ms. G. Cervantes (1/25)
- Please return the cream colored cart to the Cafeteria – last seen on the elevator on Jan. 16th. Cafeteria
- “Calling all pop singers, beat boxers, and “Pitch Perfect” fans: Audition for Central High School’s first A Cappella group Friday, Jan 25th after school in Room 323. If you can’t make it this day, please stop by and see Ms. Gruzwalski in 323 to find another time. Those interested should prepare 30 seconds of a song to sing. No previous experience is required.” Ms. M. Gruzwalski (1/25)
- Artworks by students in the Art 2 courses will be exhibited along main corridor January 14th – 31st.
- We hope you take a few moments to enjoy the work. Ms. A. Keefe (1/31)
- “The Central-THON committee and the National Honor Society are holding their annual Book-Drive for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Reach Out and Read program from Wednesday, January 9 through Friday, February 8. New and gently used books for newborns through 10 year olds can be dropped-off in room 211. Thank you for your support.” Mr. E. Drago (2/8)