DAILY BULLETIN MONDAY OCTOBER 1, 2018
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
OCTOBER 1, 2018
1st Period 8:56-9:46
2nd Period 9:49-10:39
3rd Period 10:42-11:32
4th Period 11:35-12:25
5th Period 12:28-1:18
6th Period 1:21-2:11
7th Period 2:14-3:04
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK
10/1-8:00-Drexel College Visit
10/5-8:00-IB Mtg.-Aud./278 Museum Day 12:00-Dismissal – PM-Prof. Devel.-Staff Only
SCHOOL STORE HOURS: M-F 7:30-8:00 /3:10-3:30-M, T, TH, FRI
Submit information for the DAILY BULLETIN before 11:30 am. Please include DATES and TIME. Send email to Linda Kolsky, Office Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org). REFER TO DAILY BULLETIN on centralhigh.net for more information. Thanks.
“Please join ASOS on Tuesday October 2nd after school in the spain conference center for our opening meeting. ASOS is a cultural and community service organization for students of Asian origin. Snacks will be provided!” M. Gruzwalski (10/2)
There will be an informational meeting for girls interested in JV Basketball after school on October 23 and 7:45 and October 24 in room 50. Begin to make doctor appointments NOW to get a mandatory PIAA physical which will be due November 15. See CHS athletic page for directions. Forms must be signed, dated, and STAMPED by physician AFTER June 15, 2018- no exceptions (10/24)
There will be an informational meeting for girls interested in VARSITY AND JV Basketball after school on Friday October 5 at NOON in room 50. Begin to make doctor appointments NOW to get a mandatory PIAA physical which will be due November 15. See CHS athletic page for directions on how to fill out forms. Forms must be signed, dated, and STAMPED by physician AFTER June 15, 2018- no exceptions (10/5)
Pre season workouts will begin shortly and you may not participate without clearances and signed forms. Email Coach Wesley at email@example.com for Varsity info or Coach Weiss firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Coaches Williams and Weiss
- COUNSELING CORNER:
- Upcoming College Planning Events:
- CHS College Fair: Friday, 10/12 10am-1pm
- NACAC College Fair – Sunday, 10/14
- CHS Financial Aid Night – Thursday, 10/18 6pm-7:30pm
- HBCU Fair – Wednesday, 11/14 @ SDP
- Please continue to check the list of daily college representative visits through the link on the home page of CHS website.
- The Social Justice Leadership Institute of the American Friends Service Committee will focus on developing youth leadership through intensive, interactive, and interpersonal social justice training. They will be working with a group of 20 young people between the ages of 14 and 20. The 9-month cohort will meet weekly 4:30 to 6:30, and complete two collaborative projects during their term that will showcase the skills and tools learned through participation in the Institute. Participants will receive a monthly stipend as well as transportation assistance and meals. Apply by Wednesday October 10th, 2018 at 10 PM. The application can be found at http://afsc.org/sjli or contact Crystal at email@example.com. Come to the information session on Tuesday during Homeroom in Room 209. T. Quinn (10/10)
- Faculty/Staff: Students need a library pass to enter Barnwell Library during advisory.
Library passes have been distributed to all advisory teachers. If you did not receive passes send a student to the library. The rationale for library passes has always been and continues to be predicated upon the library’s limited capacity of 120 people. There are 76 advisories. 2 x 76 = 152. Therefore be judicious. Send only one or two people to the library.
Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
Students: You need a library pass to enter Barnwell Library during advisory.
The rationale for library passes has always been and continues to be predicated upon the library’s limited capacity of 120 people. As our primary mission is to provide a quiet and orderly environment we must maintain limits on usage.
Thank you for your cooperation in asking your advisor for a library pass. J. Lobron (10/1)
- All Faculty & Underclassmen Yearbook photos for Homeroom students and their advisors will be taken on the following dates:
Wednesday 10/17 279, Thursday 10/18 280, Friday 10/19 281
Students will meet at 8:00 AM, with their advisors, in the Auditorium. Homeroom groups will be called out to the patio for photos and then all students and their teachers may return to their regular classroom homeroom.
- All Faculty & Seniors:
The Superpan Photo will be taken on the South Lawn and in the Gym on Wednesday, October 24th; rain date October 25th. Seniors should meet MR. Horwits, in the Auditorium at 8:00 AM, wearing their Central Spirit gear. P. Cameron (10/25)