Welcome to the new Central High Website!
Central High School is proud to present its new website! Our new website has been designed to be easier to navigate, visually appealing, interactive, and to capture everything that makes Central High School great!
In combination with the District’s new Infinite Campus Student Information System, the new website will replace the Edline platform we have used for the past eight years. The current product is the result of literally hundreds of hours of work from the website team and contributing staff that commenced at the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Led by Mr. Steve Innamarato (Social Studies Teacher/Technology leader) and assisted by Mrs. Andrea Keefe (Art Department Chair), Ms. Corrina Laffie (Technology), and Mr. Peter Kelsey (Art), our new website has been designed to be easier to maintain, fully viewable on all devices, read in multiple languages, and be fully accessible to people with disabilities.
Notable changes include a new bright school spirit inspired theme, easy to navigate menus, in-depth background information on the school and curriculum, expanded content for clubs and athletics, and a lot of multimedia content including photos, audio, videos, and even 360° interactive photos. We will continue to add more material and build new features in the coming months.
Below is a guide to what you will find on the new website:
- About: Everything that makes Central . . . well, Central! This is a great place for prospective students to start. Our mission, history, staff listing with emails, Alumni information, and even a form to contact the school with any questions one may have. Check out the 360° photos! Scroll with your mouse or move your phone around to view various places around the campus.
- Students: Pertinent information for students including daily bell schedules, student club information, academic and counseling support services, National Honor Society, and Student Publications.
- Parents: This is the place to for links to our Home and School Association, Counselors, and Admissions info for prospective Central members.
- Policies: All of our school and School District policies have been consolidated into one easy to find place. Please review all of these policies. Please note that links to specific policies may also exist in the sections pertinent to that policy but those policies are the same as the ones posted here.
- Calendar: Links to both our Central High School Calendar and School District of Philadelphia Calendar. The Central calendar will now contain up-to-date athletic schedules in addition to academic events and activities. It is also Google based and you can add it to your own Google calendar so you will always know what is going on!
- Barnwell Library: This contains all of the great resources of the famous Barnwell Library at Central High School. Students must join the Barnwell Google Classroom to obtain sensitive information that cannot be posted here such as passwords to school paid resources. Please see Mr. Lobron in the Library for information.
- Academics: Here you will find the pages for our Academic Departments, courses offered, and in-depth information on our Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Programs. All new and current students are strongly encouraged to explore this area.
- Athletics: Easy to find forms needed to play sports and team pages for every sport. Every team page features photos, contact and tryout information as well as a shareable Google Calendar for game schedules.
- Daily Bulletin: Easy to find place for our Daily Bulletin. This will be updated each each afternoon with the next day’s bulletin and past documents will be listed for reference.
- Mr. Steve Innamarato, Webmaster
- Mrs. Andrea Keefe, Assistant Webmaster
- Ms. Corrina Laffie, Assistant Webmaster
- Mr. Peter Kelsey, Digital Media Contributor