APPLYING TO CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
Enrollment period for the 2018-19 for all grades has ended. Enrollment will re-open Fall 2018. Acceptance notifications will be emailed from the School District starting 5:00pm January 19th.
Central High School does not have an open-house event but we do offer Student Shadowing and Parent Tour opportunities. With this opportunity, your student will shadow a current 9th grade Central student during the school day and experience Central High School first hand while parents take an optional tour of the school. The Shadow Program will re-open on Monday January 22, 2018 ONLY for tours for accepted students (and their parents) who have not yet shadowed.
Please call Chuck Steinberg at (215) 400-3590 ext.1424 to set up a tour.
- GRADES: Applicants must have major subject marks of A or B with the exception of one C on the most recent year-end report card.
- TEST SCORES: Both Reading and Math scores must be at or above the 88th percentile in standardized testing.
- Students must submit a handwritten one page personal statement or reflection paper.
- Students must have exemplary attendance, punctuality, and behavior.
- Students who reside outside of Philadelphia may attend Central if they meet all above criteria and pay tuition.
- Special needs students and English Language Learners are invited to apply to Central. Decisions are made through a team process.
- Only Students preparing to attend college should consider Central High School. Application is made by submitting the High School Admission Form to the counselor. These forms can be obtained from the School District of Philadelphia website: http://www.philasd.org.
- Transfer students: To graduate from Central High School, you must have attended at least two full years. Therefore, the latest you can start is 11th grade.