Subject Selection Process for the 2022-2023 School Year
Mrs. Snyder, Roster Chairperson email@example.com
Step 1: Mrs. Snyder will meet with students from each class
- February 9, 2022 (Juniors)
- February 10, 2022 (Sophomores)
- February 11, 2022 (Freshman)
Step 2: Read the Subject Selection Guide
- Find it at centralhs.philasd.org and in your class google Classroom. Narrow down your electives choices to something that interests you and for which you are qualified. If you choose something for don’t qualify for, you will be put in any available elective.
- 10th grades will take 1 elective.
- 11th graders will take 1 elective.
- 12th grades take 2 to 4 electives.
Step 3: Review requirements for Upper-Level courses
- Requirements for admission to upper-level courses: Cumulative, annual grade of “B or better” in this subject group and prerequisite courses fulfilled (ex. precalculus completed to take calculus). Grades will be revisited at the end of the school year as we are only looking at final grades not individual quarter grades (a “C” during a quarter will not prevent you from taking an upper-level course).
- Elective capacities will be determined based on student interest, teacher availability and the ability to fill required courses for graduation. Priority will be given based on year-level when filling electives. Computer generated lists we be utilized when qualified students outweigh elective space.*No limit on # of sections of upper-level core graduation courses.*# of upper level elective sections will be determined by the amount of teachers required to fulfill core classes.
Step 4: Use your Student Portal to select your courses. Follow this guide starting on slide 12. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1dHoBGCwXDs84NcZFul5WeR4rNhqbB9Zs76fWTjeWPtE/edit#slide=id.g10ec2b6b09b_0_156
Step 5: If you have questions, submit them on the appropriate form:
- 282: https://forms.gle/2xL9LHJm2jUdQKhQ8
- 283: https://forms.gle/uEEs9N9nLQk525bQ6
- 284: https://forms.gle/xG1XEWURNVwe4Yo86